I love desserts but sometimes you just need to tuck into something savoury stuffed with cheese, LOTS OF CHEESE! 😁. I swopped the traditional cinnamon sugar filling for mature cheddar, fresh garlic and origanum. The end result was a delicious, savoury brunch side, that my kids and myself were totally impressed with fact they’re already wiped out I’m lucky I even got to take out photos 😅.
I used store bought puff pastry which I’m not ashamed off, more time to spend with my family ❤.
Here’s how you make em’
You’re gonna need:
1 roll of puff pastry
5 tablespoons of salted butter
3 tablespoons of origanum
1 cup of mature cheddar
1 clove mince garlic
1. Open up the puff pastry and brush with melted butter.
2. Sprinkle with fried origanum.
3. Spread the grated cheese on top.
4. Add the minced garlic.
5. Roll pastry up from opposite ends until they meet in the middle.
6. Brush with melted butter mixed with some of the origanum
7. Bake in a preheated oven (180°) for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.