My first bake of 2019, not sure if it would have been this if I didn’t have a bunch of bananas getting overly ripe.
Don’t just scroll thinking “Oh no, not another banana loaf recipe”, this is anything but ordinary it’s my banana loaf with STRAWBERRY SWIRL!!! and strawberry jam glaze (licks fingers).
This loaf had my kids going crazy, my daughter ate hers and then threw the mother of all tantrums to get her Dad to feed her his piece too 🤣. Gosh I really wonder where she gets that from 😅.
The swirls are made from pureed fresh strawberries so that kinda makes this healthy right?
2 to 3 very ripe bananas, peeled
1/3 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup of sugar
1 large egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups cake flour flour
Handful of pureed strawberries
Strawberry Jam glaze
1 tablespoon strawberry jam
1/2 cup sifted icing sugar
Few drops of milk, if necessary
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C, and butter a 4×8-inch loaf pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
3. Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour.
4. Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and dollop the pureed strawberries into the batter and using a skewer or knife swirl into the batter and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. Remove from oven and let cool in the loaf tin for a few minutes. Then remove the banana bread from the pan and let cool completely before topping with the glaze.
6. Whisk the icing sugar and jam until smooth, add a few drops of milk if icing is to thick, pour over the loaf once fully cooled. Slice up and enjoy!