I’ve always loved doughnuts, now that I’m older and I have kids of my own I love looking for healthier alternatives to our favourite desserts.
After weeks of waiting my Wilton doughnut pan had arrived and I just had to take it for a test drive by making some yummy cinnamon doughnuts. which worked out perfectly because the weather is dull and cloudy…. but yeah it’s not like i need an excuse for a sweet treat.
Here’s the recipe for this awesome baked treat.
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup cake flour
Chocolate ganache glaze
80g milk chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Grease you doughnut pan.
2. Mix 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup unsalted butter, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir in the milk, then mix in the baking powder and flour until just combined. Fill the prepped doughnut pan about half full.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.
Method for chocolate glaze
1. Heat up cream in the microwave, add in chopped up chocolate and leave for a few minutes
2. Whisk until all the chocolate bits are melted and allow to cool and thicken.
3. Dip in cooled doughnuts and place on wax or baking paper until cooled.
You can add crushed biscuits before the chocolate sets on the doughnuts or roll in cinnamon sugar instead of the ganache.
One thought on “Cinnamon Doughnuts with a Ganache glaze.”
Mmmm, those are some gorgeous doughnuts. I am all over this!!!