Stout doughnuts? Like actual doughnuts that have stout as an ingredient? Just 2 of the many questions I’ve been asked after making these gorgeous, rich and oh so chocolatey doughnuts. They’re so moist and delicious and the addition of stout just intensifies the chocolate flavour and you know I’m all about taking things to the next level!
I’ve dipped them in a dark chocolate ganache and sprinkled on some homemade candied pecan nuts for some texture.
In all honesty I would make these again! I would make them everyday if I was blessed with a high metabolism 😅. They are so good you have to give them a try!
Here’s how I made them.
Chocolate milk stout doughnuts reicoe
2 cups cake flour
½ cup cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
1 tsp baking soda
¾ cup brown sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup Castle Milk Stout Chocolate
½ cup buttermilk, room temperature
60 g softened butter
Dark chocolate ganache ingredients
80g dark chocolate 70%, chopped
1/4 cup cream
1. Pre heat the oven to 160C
2. Using a whisk or electric mixer, combine the flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda and brown sugar in a bowl. Beat in the egg, vanilla and butter on a low speed until well combined. Add the beer and mix until it’s just combined.
3. Spray a doughnut pan with baking spray and scoop the batter into the pan using a spoon.
4. Bake for around 12 minutes until a skewer is inserted and comes out clean. Cool in the pan and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Repeat with the second batch of batter.
Chocolate ganache glaze method
1. Heat the cream up using a double boiler or microwave, add in chopped pieces of chocolate and leave for 5 minutes. Then whisk in until the ganache is smooth and cool.
If the ganache is too runny pop it into the fridge to thicken.