Mom, I donut know what I’d do without you.
No better way to spoil mom this mothers day than with a gorgeous doughnut bouquet.
These doughnuts are pure perfection paired with a glaze and edible flowers.
2 packs 1/4 ounce packages yeast or 4-½ teaspoon yeast
1/3 cup water 105-115F / 40-46C
1 1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup butter or shortening 95 grams or 3.5 ounce
5 cups all-purpose flour
Canola oil for frying
½ cup butter melted
2 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla
5-7 tablespoons evaporated milk
1. In a bowl combine lukewarm water and yeast. Let it sit for about 5 minutes until frothy.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, heat milk for about 2 minutes. Remove and let it cool.
3. Add, milk, sugar, salt, eggs, butter and 2 cups of flour to the bowl of yeast.
4. Mix for 2 minutes. Add the remaining 3 cups of flour and continue mixing dough. Scraping down sides.
5. Place dough in a large greased bowl. Cover loosely with a clean cloth and let rise in a warm, draft-free place for about 1 to 2 hours or until doubled.
6. Roll dough out on a floured surface to about 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into doughnuts using a donut cutter or cookie cutter. Cover with a kitchen towel and allow to stand for about 10 minutes.
7. In a large sauce pan, pour vegetable oil until it is at least 5 centimeters high and place on medium heat.
8. Carefully drop doughnuts into hot oil, only a few at a time. Fry, turning once, for about 3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on prepared paper towels.
1. In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter.
2. Remove and stir in powdered sugar and vanilla extract until everything comes together
3. Then add milk until you have reached desired consistency. Dip doughnuts in glaze and let it drip on the rack.
1. Insert skewers into the doughnuts (You can use doughnut holes too.)
2. Arrange the doughnuts into a bouquet, and secure in place with an elastic band.
3. Wrap the bouquet in tissue paper.
4. Tie a ribbon around the base of the “flowers” and voila! You have a gorgeous edible bouquet that mom will love.