Smooth and silky white chocolate ganache infused with one of my favourite flavour combinations, orange and rosemary.
I know you’re probably thinking this is such a weird combination, but it works trust me! It is also very, very delicious.
Here is how you can make them
180 ml cream
Zest of one medium sized orange
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
390 g white chocolate, chopped
15 ml fresh orange juice
30 g unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
Extra melted white chocolate for rolling
Cocoa powder (optional)
1. Heat the cream, orange zest and rosemary in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir it until the mixture starts to simmer. Remove from heat and allow the flavours to infuse into the cream for half and hour.
2. In the meanwhile place the chopped white chocolate into a medium sized heatproof bowl. Add the orange juice and butter to the bowl. Set aside.
3. After 30 minutes, place the infused cream back on a stove top until it barely begins simmering again. Remove from heat and strain it through a sieve to remove the zest. Gently begin stirring the white chocolate mixture with a rubber spatula in one direction. Once all of the white chocolate is completely smooth, cover with a piece of plastic wrap pressed on the top of the ganache filling. Let it sit at room temperature for 1 hour, then transfer to the refrigerator for 4-6 more hours. Overnight is better.
4. Line a baking tray with parchment and set aside. Place some other the extra melted white chocolate on the palms of your hands and roll into a ball. Place on the prepared baking tray. Continue to do this until all the truffled are shaped. Refrigerate until set.
5. Once set you may roll the truffles into some cocoa powder or enjoy as is.