2 cups of mixed peppers
2 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
4 tablespoons of butter
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon jeera powder
1/2 teaspoon dhania powder
Salt and pepper
1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes
Handful of baby tomatoes, chopped
1 cup of cheddar cheese, grated
2 tablespoons cake flour
2 cups of milk
350g penne, cooked al dentè
1. Drizzle your peppers in olive oil and pop them into your oven or air fryer at 180°C till nice and charred.
2. Remove the skins of the charred peppers and chop them up and set aside.
3. This is good time to get your pasta going. Remember to add uncooked pasta to boiling salted water.
4. In a saucepan melt your butter and sautè the garlic. Add in your roasted peppers, baby tomatoes and spices. Add salt to taste.
5. Remove the pepper mixture into a bowl and set aside. Add the remainder of your butter and melt. To this add the cake flour and stir through preventing any lumps. Cook the flour for about 2-3 minutes.
6. Add two cups of milk and mix through. Turn the heat up a notch. This will help the sauce to thicken.
7. Once thickened add in your roasted pepper mixture and stir through. Taste for salt and season accordingly.
8. Add your strained pasta to the pan and mix. Make sure you get the sauce to coat all the pasta.
I like to chop up some coriander and stir that through as well for a lovely fresh flavour. Serve with a sprinkle of red chilli flakes