As the days are getting longer and hotter I find myself running out of ice cream cones 😄, and to be honest the thought of packing up the kids and heading out to get another pack is just exhausting.
So I decided to whip up Churro Tacos!
Yes, this is an actual thing and the kids and myself absolutely adore them with a few scoops of ice cream and a chocolate ganache drizzle.
I used my Churro recipe for this, after you’ve prepped you can follow these simple steps to make a batch of your very own churro tacos.
1. Using a piping bag pipe your churro batter on a square piece of baking paper. About 10cm wide.
2. Place the baking paper between a muffin pan like the picture below and freeze.
3. Heat up some canola oil (medium heat), and pop in your frozen churros and turn over to brown evenly using a slotted spoon.
4. Mix up a cinnamon sugar mix using 1/4 cup castor sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon sugar.
5. Wait for the churro taco to cool then add in ice cream and drizzle with chocolate ganache, caramel or whatever you fancy.