It is absolutely scorching today but I want nothing more than a mug of hot chocolate with a few of these gorgeous mint chocolate chip marshmellows floating on top.
I’ve decided on gifting these delicious morsels to friends and family instead of the usual box of Christmas cookies.
Stay tuned to find out just how I plan of boxing these 😀 I am so excited!!!
Here’s how you can make these yummy morsels.
500 ml sugar
pinch of salt
15 ml golden syrup
20 g gelatine, soaked in 100ml cold water
2 egg whites
5 ml vanilla flavouring
food colouring (optional)
50 ml cornflour
100 ml icing sugar
1. Mix the sugar, salt, syrup and 250ml water together. Slowly heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved, but do not boil. Scrape sugar crystals from the side of the saucepan and stir in gelatine once the mixture reaches the soft ball stage.
2. Beat the egg whites until stiff and slowly pour over the warm syrup, beating continuously to form a thick, creamy mixture.
3. Add the peppermint flavouring and food colouring. Beat until stiff enough to retain its shape and form.
4. Mix the icing sugar and cornflour and sift into a 25cm square, greased baking tray lined with baking paper or foil.
5. Sprinkle on some of the chocolate chips onto the prepared tray and pour the marshmallow mixture into the tray, sprinkle over more chocolate chips icing sugar and corn flour, and allow to set.
6. Heat a knife in warm water, dry, and slice the set mixture into blocks. Roll the blocks in sugar and corn flour mixture and store in an airtight container.