I love peanut butter, I mean what’s not to love? But forget about just spreading it on toast I’m baking the most delicous cookies with peanut butter as the star ingredient.
These cookies are so buttery, crunchy with sift centers and packs great peanut butter flavour that’s addictive!
I mean just look at those gorgeous crinkles!
2 and 1/2 cups cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
230g unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped peanuts
1/2 cup cinnamon sugar for rolling
1. Whisk the dry ingredients and set aside.
2. Using a mixer cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed until smooth. Add the eggs and beat on high until combined. Add the peanut butter and vanilla essence and mix on until combined.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Using a spatula fold in the chocolate chips and peanuts, if using. Dough will be thick and very soft.
4. Chill the dough for 1 hour in the refrigerator or overnight. If chilling for longer than a few hours, though, allow to sit at room temperature for at least half an hour before rolling because the dough will be quite hard.
5. Preheat oven to 177°C. Line a large baking pan with baking paper.
6. Roll into large balls, about 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie , and then roll the balls in cinnamon sugar. Place balls onto the cookie sheets. Gently press down on each ball to flatten. Bake each tray for 12-13 minutes until lightly browned on the sides.
7. Let cookies cool on a cooling rack completely.