The best beef stroganoff I’ve ever tasted in my life, and I am so happy that I get to share it with you.
If you’re looking for a quick recipe that’s absolutely delicious and impressive look no further. I love how creamy and saucy this dish is, I served mine with tagliatelle cooked al dentè. I really love using tagliatelle instead if spaghetti because it soaks up all the sauce so you get a bit of everything with every bite you take.
Here’s how I made this delicious comforting dish.
500 g beef strips
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large onion, finely sliced
300 g mushrooms , sliced
40 g butter
2 tablespoon flour
500 ml beef stock
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
150 ml sour cream
Salt and pepper to taste
250 – 300 g pasta if choice, I used tagliatelle
1. Sprinkle beef strips with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pan over high heat. Fry for 30 seconds on each side, cook in batches try not to over crowd the pan. Once fried place the strips in a plate and set aside.
2. Turn heat down to medium and add butter, melt. Then add onions, cook for a minute, then add mushrooms.
3. Cook the mushrooms until browned, add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
4. Add half the stock while stirring. Once incorporated, add remaining stock.
5. Add sour cream and mustard. Stir until incorporated. Don’t worry if the sauce looks split keep stirring the sour cream just needs to melt into the sauce.
6. Bring to a simmer ,then reduce heat to medium low for 3 – 5 minutes, adjust salt and pepper to taste.
7. Add beef strips in. Simmer for 1 minute, then remove from stove because you dont want to over cook the beef.
8. Serve over pasta and sprinkled with chopped parsley if desired.
One thought on “Beef Stroganoff”
Wow looks so delicious. Great job