Fluffy vanilla muffins topped with a extra crunchy Milo crumble.
Calling all Milo fans! Gather around friends as I am about to share something I know you’re going to love.
Milo. Crumble. Yes you read right. I topped these vanilla muffins with this decadent streusel and now I don’t know how I ever lived without it. You can top them on whatever you like, muffins, loaves, banana bread, or just bake the Milo crumb mixture on a baking pan and enjoy with yogurt. The possibilities are endless.
Enough chatter, here is my recipe for these quick and oh so delicious muffins.
Vanilla muffins with Nestle Milo crumble
2 cups cake flour
½ cup granulated sugar
15 ml baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup full cream milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract/essence
¼ cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs, whisked
Nestle Milo crumble
1/2 cup cake flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Nestle Milo
57 g unsalted butter, room temperature
1. First, preheat your oven to 190°C and lightly grease the cups of a 12-cup standard muffin pan.
2. Whisk together the flour with the sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, vanilla, vegetable oil, and eggs. Make sure to blend them thoroughly!
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold together with a spatula until just combined.
5. Fill the cups of the muffin pan about 3/4 full. Now let’s prep the Milo crumble.
1. Whisk together the flour, sugar, Milo, and salt. Work in the butter, mixing until coarse crumbs form.
2. Sprinkle topping evenly over the top of muffins.
3. Bake the muffins for 15 to 20 minutes. Start checking on them after 15 minutes. They’re done when a wooden skewer inserted comes out clean.