These are the biscuits my Mother spoilt us with as kids, it reminds me so much of Diwali when we would spend at least a week whipping up every kind of biscuit imaginable.
I ran a poll on my Instagram page on Monday and to my surprise these delicious morsels beat soji of all things.
I didn’t know you guys loved shortbread this much! I’m usually not one for the camera but I knew I had to do a step by step for you guys which i’ll add to my Instagram highlights so it’s always available to you.
Hope you try them and love them as much as we do.
250g butter, room temperature
240ml icing sugar, sifted
540ml, cake flour sifted
1. Cream icing sugar and butter for 8 minutes until light and fluffy and pale in colour.
2. Mix in your sifted flour until well combined and you have a soft dough.
3. Shape using cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. (A freezer would be great too if you’re an eager beaver like me).
4. Preheat oven to 180°C, once firm slice the biscuits and bake for 10 minutes. These freeze really well for up to 3 months.
5. Once cooled completely, dip in chocolate. Keeps well for up to 2 weeks in a cool place and airtight container.