Speaking of favourites, I could never, ever, ever say no to Chuckles. Also I could never eat just one.
Anyone with me?
This cake is what my sweet Chuckle dreams are made off. Vanilla and chocolate swirled batter, smooth and creamy chocolate ganache topped with Chuckles which definitely needs no introduction.
It’s Mother’s day tomorrow and I just want to wish all the Mommy’s a very happy Mother’s day weekend 💕. We love and appreciate everything you do for everyone around you. Don’t forget that you deserve to be spoilt too!
Here is how you can make this delicious cake.
225g butter, softened
225g granulated sugar
4 Large eggs
225g self-raising flour
3 tablespoons of milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence or extract
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
100 g chuckles
50 ml cream
80 g milk or dark chocolate
1. Heat oven to 180C and spray a bundt pan or cake pan with non-stick spray and lightly dust with flour.
2. Beat softened butter and granulated sugar together, then add 4 eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
3. Fold through the self-raising flour, 3 tablespoons of milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence/extract until the mixture is smooth.
4. Divide the mixture between 2 bowls. Stir 3 tablespoons cocoa powder into the mixture in one of the bowls. Spoon in the vanilla mixture, tap the bundt pan to remove any air bubbles, then spoon in the chocolate batter.
5. Using a skewer swirl around the mixture in the tin a few times to create a marbled effect – don’t over mix!
6. Bake the cake for 45 – 50 minites until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Turn out onto a cooling rack and leave to cool.
7. To make the chocolate ganache, break chocolate pieces into a bowl and add in the cream. Microwave at 30 second intervals until melted. Cool for a few minutes before pouring over the colled cake. Top with Chuckles and serve!