for 30 churros
- 1 cup (235 mL) water
- ⅓ cup (75 g) butter
- 2 tablespoons Natura Golden castor sugar
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup (125 g) flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- cinnamon sugar, to coat
- chocolate, melted, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar in the water and bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the flour.
- Take the pot off of the heat source, and mix in the vanilla, then the eggs one at a time.
- Transfer mixture to a piping bag with a 5 point, or star, tip.
- Pipe out thick 3-inch (8 cm) strips of churro batter onto a baking sheet covered with parchment, using a knife to release each piece from the piping tip, if needed.
- Pop into a freezer to get them firm.
- Deep fry at medium heat until golden.
- Drench each churro in cinnamon sugar.
- Serve with melted chocolate if desired.