225g unsalted butter at room temperature, a bit more for greasing
1½ cups brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup smooth peanut butter
2 Large eggs
3 cups cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1½ teaspoon salt
1½ cups strawberry jam or preserves of your choice
Salted roast peanuts
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a 9x13x2-inch baking pan or tray.
2. In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar until yellow; about 2 minutes. Add the vanilla essence, eggs, and peanut butter and mix until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
4. Spread ⅔ of the dough in the baking pan and use a knife to spread it evenly. Spread jam evenly over the dough. Drop small blobs of the remaining dough evenly over the jam. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Leave to cool and cut into small squares and serve.