Most of my recipes are simple and absolutely delicious. This dish is no exception. With my husband observing Purtassi I decided to treat him to something I knew he’d just love!
Here’s how I made it
1 pineapple, hollowed out (keep pineapple flesh)
2 tablespoons of butter
1 pack Frys chunky soya strips
60ml sweet chilli sauce, I used Mrs. Balls
1 cup of rice
2 pinches of saffron
1. Pour 1/4 cup of boiling water into a bowl with the saffron and allow to infuse.
2. Prepare your rice for steaming, adding the saffron mixture and allow to steam until cooked.
3. Hollow out pineapple if you haven’t already. (Video on how to on my instagram)
4. Heat up the butter and fry soya strips until fully cooked, remove from pan.
5. Fry pineapple cubes for 5 minutes.
6. Add in the soya strips and stir in sweet chilli sauce.
7. Allow to cook for a few minutes, you’ll notice the mixture gets nice and sticky.
8. Prepare your hollowed out pineapple, spoon in rice and sweet chilli mixture and serve immediately.