1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 cup of cheddar cheese, grated
1 cup of mozzarella cheese, grated
Pizza dough (I doubled my pizza dough recipe)
¼ cup olive oil
2 teaspoons of basil pesto for garnish
1 wheel camembert
1/2 cup crispy fried bacon
Mushrooms, sauteed, for serving
broccoli florets, steamed
1. Preheat the oven to 200˚C. Prepare a 22 cm round cake pan with a 8 cm ramekin in the center.
2. Take a golf ball-sized piece of pizza dough and flatten it out with your fingers. Stuff the dough with about a tablespoon of the cheese mixture (and bacon if you want). Close the dough ball by pinching at the seam and roll into a ball in your hands. Repeat with the remaining dough and fillings.
3. Place the stuffed balls in the prepared cake pan, and brush with a mixture of olive oil and basil pesto and stack them around the ramekin.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 180°C. Remove the ramekin with oven gloves or tongs because they’re really hot at this stage.
5. Place the wheel of camembert in the center. Return the pan to the oven for 10 minutes more, or until the camembert is soft.
6. Brush the pizza balls with more melted butter. Serve warm and enjoy!