Pasta dishes gone wild!!!
How beautiful does this carbonara cake look? A sure showstopper if you ask me. My family enjoyed this dish so much that I’m already getting subtle hints to make it again 😀.
This is the last week for my #Italianwithatwist theme, I’ve been having so much fun experimenting and styling foodie shots. But there’s still a few days to go and I have lots up my sleeve 🍽.
Here’s how I whipped up this gorgeous carbonara cake.
500 g dried spaghetti
100g of hard cheese , like Cheddar or Parmesan
3 large eggs
250ml double cream
250g smoked ham or pancetta
Sprigs of fresh rosemary
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
2. Cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water according to the package instructions, then drain and leave to cool in the colander.
3. Rub the inside of a 20cm springform cake tin with oil, then finely grate a thin layer of cheese all over the base, pressing it up the sides.
4. Transfer the cooled spaghetti into a large bowl, then beat and add the eggs, along with the cream and a pinch of black pepper and salt.
5. Chop and add the ham, finely grate in the rest of your cheese, and chop and add the rosemary leaves. Toss together well, then pack into the cake tin placed on a baking tray.
6. Bake for 35 minutes, or until golden, crisp and cooked through.
7. Leave the pasta cake to sit for 10 minutes in the tin, then carefully run a knife around the rim and release it onto a board.
All that’s needed is a super fresh side salad to go with this delicious carbonara cake.