Creamy Mushroom & Brussel Sprout Gnocchi
500g gnochhi (I used store bought)
3 tablespoons of butter
250g white button mushrooms, sliced
70g brussel sprouts
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon basil pesto
1/2 cup fresh cream
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
Salt to taste
Pepper 1/2 teaspoon
A few leaves basil to garnish
1. Boil the gnocchi according to the package instructions and set aside.
2. Melt butter in a pan, stir in minced garlic and allow to saute for a couple of seconds then add in the mushrooms and allow to brown.
3. Season with all the spices.
4. Add in the finely sliced brussel sprouts and mix in. Allow to cook till wilted.
5. Add in the fresh cream and basil pesto and stir in until combined. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes before throwing in the gnocchi. Grate over parmesan before serving and garnish with chopped basil leaves. Enjoy!