I can’t believe it’s almost Easter, where has the time gone? I have a delectable spread all planned that I’ll be sharing leading up to Easter. There is something for everyone, appetizers, dessert, hot cross buns, and these yummy healthy no bake nest cookies.
My kids love these, they’re packed with peanut butter, cocoa powder, coconut oil, oats and maple syrup. I usually roll these into energy bites for my kids which make a great lunchbox treat.
Here is how you can make these ridiculously delicious cookies.
½ cup natural peanut butter
¼ cup maple syrup, or honey
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup coconut oil
1 teapsoon vanilla essence
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 cup quick cooking oats
¼ cup desiccated coconut
1. Line a baking tray with wax paper and set aside. Combine peanut butter, syrup, salt and coconut oil in a saucepan and heat until combined.
2. Add cocoa powder and stir. Add quick-cooking oats and mix well.
3. Add coconut and stir until completely combined, remove of the stove and add in the vanilla essence.
4. Drop 1 tablespoon portions of the cookie mixture onto your prepared baking tray and press into the shape of nests. Continue until you’ve used all your cookie mixture.
5. Let cool in the refrigerator or freezer until hardened. Top with your favorite candy eggs.
Serve cool or at room temperature. Store in an airtight container in the fridge, these also make great energy on the go snacks roll into balls and pack them into lunchboxes for a great snack.