Adorable banana bundt cakes topped with creamy caramel, sliced bananas and hazelnuts. These were so cute, cute enough that I never even got to taste one!!! They were all gone within a few minutes so I guess they were pretty good.
I’m always looking for new ways to re-invent the classic banana loaf and so far I’ve made this banana bread with strawberry swirl and glaze and banana bread with chocolate ganache frosting both really decadent but these banoffee banana bundt cakes are on a league of their own.
Here’s how you can make them.
2 to 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup granulated brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups of cake flour
For caramel sauce:
Half a tin caramel treat
A few teaspoons of fresh cream
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C, and spray baking spray on mini bundt tray.
2. In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
3. Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla essence. Mix in the flour.
4. Pour the batter into your prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then remove the banana bundts from the pan and let cool completely before icing.
To make caramel icing:
Whisk the caramel treat adding a few drops of fresh cream until the mixture gets a but loose. Spoon the icing onto the bundt and decorate with sliced bananas and roasted hazelnuts.