Has the countdown to Valentines day begun? No? Oh well then allow me to start with these decadent slices of Sweetie Pie Rocky Road.
The best part of sending my husband to the shops after work is that he always surprises me with a box of sweetie pies which is probably why I sometimes “forget” to go to the shops myself 🤣.
Back to the recipe, you have to give this recipe a try. It’s so easy, no baking necessary and it makes the perfect gift!
Here’s how you can make these delicious morsels.
200g Bakers Tennis Biscuits
135g unsalted butter
200g Beyers Chocolate Dark Chocolate
3 tablespoons golden syrup
100g Beyers Chocolates Sweetie Pies (they’re 25g each)
Dried cranberries or any dried fruit you enjoy
Roasted almonds or nuts you enjoy
1. Line a square brownie tin with baking paper.
2. Crush 200g tennis biscuits in a ziploc bag, you want a crumb consistency with little chunks of biscuits.
3. In a large saucepan melt 135g butter, 200g dark chocolate and 3 tablespoons of golden syrup over a low heat stirring constantly until there you have a smooth mixture. Set aside to cool.
4. Put the biscuits, chopped up Sweetie Pies and dried fruit and nuts, and stir into the chocolate mixture until everything is completely coated.
5. Pour the mixture into the lined baking tin, and spread it out evenly. Pop the tin into the fridge to set for at least 3 hours before slicing. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days