When I said Bakers® Good Morning Rusks are more than just for dunking, I meant it!
These bars require no mixing, and are made by just layering the ingredients in a baking tin – I know these sounds too good to be true. No creaming of butter and no whisking and mixing either!
What I love the most about these bars are that they’re made from ingredients found in my pantry (and yours too!), which are then sprinkled and layered one on top of the next. Then baked in the oven until toasty brown and that’s it. The only downside is having to wait for them to cool down before slicing and devouring each slice.
Here is how you can make these delicious 6 ingredient dessert.
145g unsalted butter, melted
2 cups crushed Bakers® Good Morning Rusks
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup Desiccated coconut
1 cup chopped almonds and pecans
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line your baking tray with baking paper.
2. Add melted butter to the pan, ensuring all corners of your baking tray is coated with butter.
3. Add the crumbled Bakers® Good Morning Rusks and toss to evenly coat with melted butter. Firmly press mixture into an even layer in the tray.
4. Drizzle half of your condensed milk over.
5. Add the chocolate chips, nuts and desiccated coconut in layers and drizzle over the remaining condensed milk.
6. Bake until lightly golden brown, about 25-30 minutes.
Cool completely on a cooling rack then cut them into bars and enjoy!