Chocolate and bananas, a heavenly combination! This moist banana loaf is amazing, but don’t take my word for it, try it for yourself. Complimented by this smooth and decadent dairy milk ganache it sure did go down a treat.
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup melted butter, unsalted
1 cup brown castor sugar
1 1/2 cup cake flour
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teapspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
250ml whipping cream
1. Preaheat oven to 180°, mix the mashed bananas and melted butter until combined.
2. Mix in the sugar, egg and vanilla extract.
3. Mix in the baking soda and salt.
4. Add the flour and mix till combined.
5. Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.
6. Once baked, cook on a rack.
Method for ganache
Fill up a pot with water and heat up on a stove top, place a bowl over the pot and add in the chocolate pieces mixing till melted. Removed off the stove and whisk in the cream. Once smooth pour over the cooled banana loaf and decorate with chocolate chips or nuts.