Eating cookie dough is one of life’s greatest pleasures. It’s so decadent! I’m one of those people that prefers eating cookie dough more than eating cookies!
It’s especially great at this time of year, when the weather is way too hot to even think about turning the oven on.
This recipe is perfectly safe to eat, as it contains no eggs or raw flour. I’ve even used cookie dough sandwiched between oreo cookies, they’re so versatile. (Picture below)
1 cup cake flour, heat treated to kill bacteria* (see below for instructions)
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
3 Tbsp granulated sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 Tbsp milk, then more as needed
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips or M&Ms
1. Add butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar to a medium mixing bowl, sprinkle salt evenly over.
2. Using an electric hand mixer whip together until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
3. Mix in 1 1/2 Tbsp milk and the vanilla extract.
4. Add in flour and blend just to combined, while adding milk 1/2 Tbsp at a time to thin if needed.
5. Using a spatula fold in chocolate chips or preferred candy.
6. Store cookie dough in refrigerator (note that it will harden up once chilled because the butter will solidify, you can let it rest at room temperature).
*To heat treat flour: preheat oven to 180° degrees. Evenly spread 3 cups all-purpose flour onto a rimmed 18 by 13-inch baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven 7 minutes or until flour registers 160 degrees on an instant read thermometer. Cool completely store in an airtight.
One thought on “Edible Cookie Dough recipe”
Absolutely love this!!!