Boy, oh boy, this is my new favourite dessert EVER! The best part is the crunchy caramel coated almonds and the cinnamon swirl. I swear every spoonful felt like heaven.
Anyway go make this, right now!
Boozy Cinnamon Bun ice cream with caramel coated almonds
500ml double cream
1 can condensed milk
1 cup Tant Saanie se Melktert
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
100g caramel coated almonds
For cinnamon bun swirl
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 tablespoons muscavado castor sugar
2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
1. Whip double cream, condensed milk and Tant Saanie Se Melktert until slightly thickened and smooth.
2. Add in a pinch of salt and the ground cinnamon and mix until combined.
3. Pour into a loaf pan and add in half of the caramel coated almonds and save the rest to garnish.
Method for Cinnamon Bun swirl
1. Melt the butter, stir in the sugar and ground cinnamon and allow to cool.
2. Once the mixture has cooled dollop spoonfuls of the mixture into the ice cream and using a skewer swirl the cinnamon bun mixture through to make a pretty pattern.
3. Top with the caramel coated almonds and pop into the freezer overnight.