Hazelnut melting moments sandwiched together with milk chocolate. These melt in your mouth!
These melting moment cookies are made lots of love and butter! The rich buttery texture will make you weak at the knees and the added toasted hazelnuts gives it that much needed crunch!
When I tasted the first batch of these delicious morsels it reminded me so much of the Riviera biscuits I grew up eating as a child. As we all know they don’t sell them anymore and that has for many years left a gaping hole in my soul.
I promise you these taste like the real thing! Imagine Riviera biscuits you can make at home, the only problem I had with them is trying not to eat them all in one sitting!
Here is how you can make them.
330 g unsalted butter, room temperature
2 ¼ cups of Sasko cake flour
¾ cup corn flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or essence
1 cup icing sugar
25g toasted hazelnuts
150 g melted dark chocolate
1. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Cream the butter, icing sugar and vanilla in a bowl until light and fluffy. In a food processor pulse the toasted hazelnuts until fine and whisk it into the flour and corn flour. Add the flour mixture to the creamed butter and sugar and mix until soft and well combined.
3. Scoop mixture into a piping bag with a star nozzle and pipe rounds onto the lined baking tray.
4. Place the tray into the fridge for 30 minutes so that the butter is chilled. While the biscuits are chilling pre-heat the oven to 180°C , then bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.
5. Cool on the tray, once cooled sandwich with the melted dark chocolate.
One thought on “Hazelnut Melting Moments”
Qow thanks for sharing ur receipts. I love them