The weekend is finally here, I want to know what all your baking plans are?I baked this divine strawberry lamington cake yesterday especially for my husband who is returning home after weeks abroad. Lamingtons are his favourite.Have a great weekend everybody 🥰
Here is the recipe
125 g butter , softened
1 cup caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 eggs , room temperature
1 3/4 cups cake flour
3.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
150 ml fresh cream, whipped to soft peaks with 2 tablespoons of icing sugar
4 cups icing sugar, sifted
1 sachet strawberry jelly powder
1 tbsp butter
200 ml boiling water
3 – 4 cups desiccated coconut
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Sift flour and baking powder together.
2. Grease a 20 cm x 30 cm cake pan. Spray with baking spray or line with baking paper.
3. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium high speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition so the batter is smooth, not curdled.
4. Add half the flour and gently fold to combine, then stir in half the milk. Repeat with remaining flour and milk.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
6. Stand for 5 minutes then lift the cake out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
Prep cake to coat
Pop cake rounds into the freezer, this will make it easier to coat.
Combine the Icing ingredients in a heat proof bowl and mix until smooth. Should be a syrup consistency.
Place coconut in a shallow bowl or pan with a large surface area.
Place the cake in the icing to coat. Transfer it into the coconut and quickly coat in coconut. Transfer to a serving tray.
Repeat with remaining sponge.
Fill with whipped fresh cream and fresh strawberries and serve.
Best kept in the fridge, serve at room temp.
One thought on “Strawberry Lamington Cake”