This is one of those dishes made from random ingredients in my pantry and fridge, leftover salami, and an assortment of cheeses all grated up and baked to bubbly perfection.
I have to admit I ran out of Oregano and raided my pantry to find a small tin of Zatar that had to do.
My daughter and husband already snuck in a few mouthfuls until I shushed them away, I think it’s good to say that they’re both salivating!!
Here is how you can make this delicious dish with pantry and fridge essentials.
Pizza Mac & Cheese
300g macaroni, cooked al dente
1 onion, sliced finely
6 tablespoons of butter
1/3 cup of flour
450 ml milk
1 cup of cheese (I grated up a few leftover tiny blocks I had)
1 teaspoon dried oregano/zatar/italian herb
Salt and black pepper to taste
Pinch of smoked paprika
3 slices of salami
Extra cheese for topping
1. Fry your onions in some butter, until soft and browned and set aside.
2. To make your sauce melt butter, add in flour and cook for 2-3 minutes until it forms a paste.
3. Add in milk and whisk until thick, add grated cup of cheese and mix until melted. Add seasonings.
4. Combine the cheese sauce with the cooked pasta and place in an oven safe casserole.
5. Top with fried onions and layer with cheese and slices of salami.
6. Place in the oven on grill until the cheese is a beautiful golden brown.
7. Serve warm!! And enjoy and stay safe.