Biscotti is my absolute favourite winter treat, it’s crunchy and packed with delicious peanut butter and milk chocolate chips – DROOL!
140g unsalted butter
3 large eggs
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups cake flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup dry roasted peanuts
120g chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180°C, and prepare your baking pan with baking paper.
2. We’re going to brown the butter by placing it in a saucepan on medium heat, swirling it around every minute or so until it browns and gives off a beautiful nutty aroma. Once this is done set aside to cool.
3. Beat the eggs until light and pale yellow. Gradually add the sugar while beating. While beating slowly pour in the cooled brown butter mixture and mix until just combined, mix in the peanut butter.
4. Slowly add in the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Once combined fold in the peanuts and chocolate chips.
5. Roll the dough out shaping into a log, about 6cm in width. Depending on the size of your baking tray you might want to divide our log in 2 or 3. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and lower the temperature to 170°C and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Using a serated knife slice logs crosswise, place cookies cut side down on the baking tray and bake until crisp about 15 minutes. Cool biscotti and store in an airtight jar.