I know I don’t post nearly enough savoury dishes as I do desserts but this simple pasta dish has been my go-to as of recently, and I know we’re all insanely busy so I thought I’d share this recipe with you.
This simple dish takes very few ingredients to whip up, just a few veggies, cheese, pasta, tomatoes, chicken, spices, and a dash of cream.
Here is how you can make it;
Cajun Chicken Pasta
250g Chicken breast pieces
cajun spice, just enough to coat the chicken
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
olive oil, as needed
1 large onion, diced finely
1.5 cups of sweet pepper, chopped
1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped or crushed
1/2 cup fresh cream
1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 cup cheddar cheese
salt to taste
350g penne, cooked till al dentè (Reserve 1 cup of pasta water)
- Coat your chicken in cajun spice, black pepper, and lemon juice, fry on medium heat until cooked, set aside.
- In the same pan add a splash of olive oil, 1 teaspoon crushed garlic, sliced sweet peppers, and onion and cook on medium-low heat until the veggies are nicely browned.
- Add in crushed tomatoes and cream and allow to simmer for 8-10 minutes on low heat.
- Add in chilli flakes and oregano, be sure to taste for salt and add accordingly.
- Add 1 cup of cheddar cheese and stir through, mix in the pasta and stir to coat the pasta in the sauce, cut chicken into chunky strips, and add to the pasta. If your sauce is too thick add a splash of pasta water and stir through.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and chilli flakes, enjoy!