Are you sick of me yet? No? Well then you guys are my kinda people. How adorable are these candy cane cookies? I am obsessed with them, my kids are too but that’s no surprise 藍.
For the flavours I chose chocolate and vanilla and Peppermint, I have to say I love both, becareful with the amount if peppermint extract you add to your dough you don’t want it tasting like toothpaste.
Candy cane cookies recipe
250g butter, softened
1/2 cup icing sugar
3/4 cup cornflour
1 tsp vanilla essence
A few drops of peppermint essence
2 1/4 cup cake flour
Red food colouring
1. Preheat the oven at 180°C. Line baking sheets with baking paper.
2. Crema butter and icing sugar together till light and fluffy.
3. Add vanilla essence and sift in dry ingredients and mix until combined and the dough is smooth.
4. Divide and remove half the dough from the bowl and add in vanilla essence. Carefully add the red food coloring and Peppermint essence to the remaining dough. Mix on low until the color is evenly distributed.
5. Roll out cookie dough into a 10 cm rope. Do the same with a piece of the red dough (make sure the ropes are the same length).
6. Place the ropes next to each other and twist together. Transfer to the baking sheet and curve the top of the dough into a candy cane shape.
Repeat with the remaining dough, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart.
7. Bake for 15 – 18 minutes and allow to cool before moving to a cooling rack.
8. Store in an airtight container.