This recipe is perfect for the holidays, where delicious food is desired with minimal effort. The best part is that this requires zero piping, make choux pastry and spread the pastry on a sheet pan lined with baking paper. That’s it!!
I filled mine with whipped fresh cream and salted caramel. Topped with white chocolate ganache and flaked chocolate and because its NYE I added some edible gold leaf and glitter.
Now this is a dessert worthy of a New Years eve countdown, here’s how you can make it.
For the choux pastry
Get the recipe for my choux pastry here
200 ml fresh cream whipped with 2 tablespoons of sifted icing sugar
Here is my go to recipe for salted caramel or opt for caramel treat, both are yummy.
White chocolate ganache
80 ml cream
150 g good quality white chocolate
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C. Prepare your choux pastry, line a baking tray with baking paper and using the back of a spoon or offset spatula smooth the pastry evenly.
2. Bake for 30 minutes, have a clean kitchen towel ready, take the roll out the oven and turn it out onto the kitchen towel. Roll the kitchen towel inside the pastry and leave to cool.
3. Prepare your salted caramel or use caramel treat both are delicious. To loosen up the caramel treat pop it into your stand mixer with the whisk attachment and whisk till smooth.
4. Heat your cream in a saucepan just before it starts to boil, take it off the heat and add the white chocolate to it. After a few minutes stir gently to help the chocolate melt. Voila your ganache is done now just pop it into the fridge.
4. Once your roll has cooled fill with the whipped cream, drizzle the caramel over and re-roll the pastry.
5. Slice your roll into 5 cm mini rolls and place on a cake stand or serving plate, pour over white chocolate ganache, decorate with delicious flaked chocolate, edible gold leaf and glitter.
And there you have it, a dessert so delicious you’ll have everyone asking for more.