Celebrating my sweet blogs 2 year anniversary with this divine Cadbury Crunchie Ice Cream Cake.
This recipe is not exactly new, but it is a goodie!
It takes me back 2 years ago when my husband and I would spend ridiculous amounts of money on crunchie ice cream that it actually drove me to re-create it at home.
It’s deliciously rich and creamy, with the dreamy bits of chocolate and Cadbury crunchie in every bite, we’ll worry about the calories later. Right?
Here’s how you can make it!
1 cup full cream milk
A pinch of salt
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups cream
5 large egg yolks
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 bars Cadbury Crunchie
1. Heat the milk, salt, and sugar in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat.
2. Set up an ice bath by placing a bowl in a larger bowl partially filled with ice and water. Set a strainer over the top of the smaller bowl and pour the cream into the bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks. Re-heat the milk then gradually pour some of the milk into the yolks, whisking constantly as you pour. Pour the warmed yolks and milk back into the saucepan.
4. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly and scraping the bottom with a heat-resistant spatula, until the custard thickens enough to coat the spatula.
5. Strain the custard into the cream. Stir over the ice until cool, add the vanilla extract, then refrigerate to cool completely.
6. Pour the cooled custard into your ice cream maker according according to the manufacturer’s instructions. During the last 10 minutes add in chopped up crunchie bars. Scoop mixture into a freezer safe container and freeze. Serve with a dark chocolate ganache.