Good morning, praying you all are safe and well. Please tell me I’m not the only one carrying a food baby from being in isolation this past week?
I woke up this morning craving this hearty dish, and I thought why not share the recipe with you to spoil your family with as well. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do ❤.
500g hake fillets
15 g butter
Coconut oil or oil of your choice
2 teaspoons crushed ginger and garlic
2 finely sliced onion
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
¼ teaspoon jeera/cumin seeds
3 green chilli, finely chopped
400g whole tomatoes
3 teaspoons chilli powder
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 sprig curry leaves
Fresh coriander to garnish before serving
1. Heat butter and brown bake (4 minutes per side). Remove and set aside.
2. Heat up the oil and add the mustard, jeera/cumin seeds and onions. Braise until golden brown, add crushed ginger and garlic paste and cook for a minute until fragrant.
3. Add in the rest of your spices. Allow spices to cook in low heat until dry and almost catching to the bottom of the pan.
4. Now add the tomatoes, green chilli and sugar. Cook until gravy has thickened and darkened in colour. Add fish pieces, careful not to move the fish around too much to prevent them from breaking.
5. Simmer for a further 10 minutes with the lid on. Garnish with fresh coriander before serving. Perfect with homemade bread, rice or roti.