I am a sucker for a good brownie, all fudgy, and oh so delicious. However sometimes I feel it can be way too sweet, and this comes from a person with an insatiable sweet tooth.
The addition of salted pretzels and snickers however managed to balance it out so beautifully. The sweet and salty flavour is such a great combination. The chunks of caramel and peanuts give the brownies a lovely texture too!
I took almost half the batch to work with me this past weekend and I promise you everyone raved about how good they were. Don’t know about you but I love it when a recipe goes as planned and everyone loves it as much as I do.
As promised, here is the recipe, I hope you love it!
Snickers and Pretzel Brownies
185g unsalted butter
185g dark chocolate
85g cake flour flour
40g cocoa powder
100g Snickers, cubed
3 large eggs
275g caster sugar
- Cut 185g unsalted butter into small cubes and tip into a bowl. Break 185g dark chocolate into small pieces and drop into the bowl.
- Microwave until melted. Leave the melted mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius, Using a 20cm square tin, lined with baking paper and set aside.
- Sift the cake flour and cocoa powder over a medium bowl.
- Crack 3 large eggs into a large bowl and add in the caster sugar. Whisk the eggs and sugar until creamy and pale in colour.
- Pour the cooled chocolate mixture into the bowl with the egg and sugar mixture then gently fold together with a spatula.
- Fold in the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the chopped Snickers.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and top with salted pretzels.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.