One of my favourite veggie curries, it is delightful and spicy. You’ll love it!
Happy New Year Everyone!!
I hope you had an amazing new year celebration and kept well and safe. We stayed home and fell asleep on the couch at around 10 PM, yep we’re living the life!
The new year also brings about a ton of resolutions, the most popular being healthy eating, losing weight, and trying to get fit. No judgments here, I am the same!
This is why I’m sharing one of my favourite veggie curries with you, this cauliflower and peas curry is divine. This comes from someone who does not really like cauliflower, this is the only way I’d ever eat it – It is deliciously spicy!
Cauliflower and Peas Curry
1/4 cup oil
1 cinnamon stick
1 teaspoon ginger and garlic paste
2 large onions, finely sliced
2 tablespoons chilli powder
2 tablespoons masala
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 whole green chillies (slit)
pinch of sugar sugar
1 sprig of curry leaves
2 cups cauliflower florets
1/2 cup peas
Salt to taste
Chopped dhania for garnish
- Heat a medium-sized pot on medium heat and add oil.
- Sautee onion until brown, add ginger and garlic paste and cook for a further minute.
- Add salt and spices and fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the peas, cauliflower, green chilli, curry leaves and water. Place a lid on the pot and allow to simmer until the cauliflower has softened.
- Stir through fresh coriander and serve with rice or naan bread. Enjoy!