This dish is my weeknight dinner go-to for so many reasons.
- It’s on the dinner table in 30 minutes.
- It’s delicious!
- It’s packed full of delicious roasted veggies – no peeling and cutting required!
We love that we can enjoy lip-smacking meals on a busy weeknight, it is something we all look forward to.
Roasted Veg & Chicken Tacos
McCain New Roasted Veg
500g boneless chicken thighs
2 teaspoons fajita spice
Pickled red onion
- Preheat the oven at 190°C for 5 minutes.
- Place the 100g balsamic sachet in a separate bowl of warm water and set it aside to defrost.
- Place the 600g McCain Roast Vegetables Mix into a large baking dish and coat generously with olive oil.
- Roast the vegetables in the oven for 18 – 20 minutes, turning the vegetables every 5 minutes for even cooking.
- Remove the baking dish with vegetables from the oven.
- Change the oven setting from 190°C to 210°C and preheat for 5 minutes.
- Cut the corner of the defrosted balsamic glaze sachet and drizzle contents over roasted vegetables.
- Mix the vegetables together with the glaze to allow for even coating.
- Place the baking dish into the oven for a further 4 – 7 minutes, until the glaze is reduced and caramelized.
- Add the chicken thighs to a medium-sized bowl, add the 2 teaspoons of the spice mix to the bowl and coat the chicken evenly.
- Fry the spiced chicken on medium-low heat for 6-8 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Slice chicken into strips and toss with the roasted vegetables.
Add chicken and roast veg mixture to each tortilla, drizzle with sour cream, add spoonfuls of guacamole and a dollop of sour cream.
Additional toppings include pickled red onion and jalapeno.