Diwali is a few days away, and I’ve decided to start preparing the no bake items today.
Coconut ice is one of my favourites and I can’t forgive myself for making it during this time of year only. I mean this delicious sweet treat takes minutes to whip up and an hour to set, it doesn’t get easier than that.
This year I decided to make something a bit different, adding actual flavour to the mixture and leaving out the food colouring. What better than raspberries and pomegranate preserves and some white chocolate to take this humble treat to the next level.
Here is how I made this delicious new take on the classic coconut ice.
Raspberry, pomegranate and white chocolate coconut ice
3 1/2 cups dessicated coconut
2 cups icing sugar
1/4 cup milk powder, I used klim
1 tin condensed milk
Pinch of cardamom powder
60 mls St. Dalfour Raspberry & Pomegranate Jam
160g white chocolate
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1. Combine all the dry ingredients into a bowl.
2. Stir in the condensed milk and both the jams until combined.
3. Pour mixture into a shallow dish, I used a silicone baking tray and refrigerate till set.
4. You can cut the coconut ice into squares or into shapes using cookie cutters.
5. Break chocolate into a bowl with a teaspoon of coconut oil and melted in the microwave at 20 second intervals, stirring between until melted. Wait for chocolate to cool down and dip your coconut ice into them and allow to set on baking or wax paper.