Happy Deepavali to everyone who is celebrating today, I wish each and everyone of you a lifetime of happiness.
Now you all know how much I love fusion desserts, burfee is my favourite Indian sweet meat EVER! And as for Nutella, I could – and have – eaten it straight out the jar with a spoon or marshmellows… oooh yum!
Today I present to you a fusion of both my favourites.
Here’s how you can make this delectable batch of fudgy nutella burfee.
500 g full fat milk powder
2 tablespoons melted ghee or unsalted butter
2 tablespoons cream or full fat milk
1 can of condensed milk (397g)
200 g Nutella
100 ml cream
100 g roasted and finely chopped hazelnuts
1. Place milk powder in a bowl, add melted ghee and 2 tablespoons of cream.
2. Mix with a fork and allow mixture to rest for 5 minutes.
3. Using a heavy based pan start roasting the milk powder mixture on a very low heat. Keep stirring continuously and make sure milk powder does not stuck to the pan or get browned.
4. Roast the powder for 10-12 minutes stirring constantly.
5. Meanwhile in another pan gently heat the Nutella, condensed milk and cream together.
6. Pour over roasted milk powder and stir until combined.
7. Add roasted hazelnuts ( reserving some for garnishing) and mix once again.
8. Pour barfee mixture in to greased tray and level it out with spoon.
9. Let it set and cut them into desired shapes and enjoy!