Happy Wednesday everyone!
Today is going to be a good day, I can feel it!
I made these French crêpes the other night and gave my husband one with a spread of peanut butter inside, HUGE MISTAKE! Because apparently they were amazing especially with the peanut butter and then I had to make another batch just for photos and to share on the blog.
Here is my recipe for delicious crêpes that you can serve either sweet or savoury.
120g Cake flour
Pinch of salt
2 large eggs
- Combine the flour and salt in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and milk together.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in the wet ingredients and stir until smooth; I like pouring my batter into a strainer just to ensure there are no lumps.
- Stir in the butter. Cover and let sit for an hour.
- Heat a pan until it’s medium-hot; Use a paper towel to wipe the bottom of the pan with butter.
- Pour a 1/3 cup of batter into the pan. Pick the pan up, and tip it in a circle so the batter covers the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until the bottom of the crêpe begins to brown and pull away from the sides, flip it over and cook briefly on the other side. Place cooked crêpes on a plate and set aside and cook. Cover until the remaining crêpes are cooked.
- Fill with whatever you desire, or try out the really delicious peanut butter filling.